9.20.2005

Beauty in the Dark


By sunset, Asia had grown weary of the confinement of the higher floors of the house and returned to the living room to investigate the rehearsal we were having. She stood for a moment by the door, looking in. She didn't notice the first photo I took. By the second she was in full-presentation smile mode. And it is a great smile.
She worked her way silently across the room and taking advantage of the grown-up conversation to divert attention she circled the microphone closest to the ground. Her grandfather tried several times to shoo her and, momentarily, it worked. But not for long. Eventually, after grandad was onto her resistance she was sent to bed.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

I can fix that for ya. Adjust the contrast and remove some of the blur. No? OK, nevermind. :^)

20/9/05 12:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time machine self portrait ?

20/9/05 14:43  
Blogger k_sra said...

Not likely. I'll tell you what it is though. I should write the whole story and I will...

20/9/05 14:49  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Did we ever find a winner for the last handknits competition?

20/9/05 15:07  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

//I'll tell you what it is though. I should write the whole story and I will..//

If I had to guess, I'd say the girl in question is spinning around, is probably taking her own picture and just happened to click the shutter at the same time as she was backlit by that window.

20/9/05 15:19  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

//If I had to guess...//

Whoa, bad guess or what?

20/9/05 15:27  
Blogger k_sra said...

hehe, no, just bad camera.

21/9/05 08:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters