8.26.2004

Change Is Good, Right?

You know what's weird about this American Idol experience? (Besides the fact that I'm trying to build my fan base on the internet.) I'll tell you...

I like it.

I like almost everything about it. I like being in a hurry, working on audition pieces, decking myself out. It's a nice kind of a life. I wake up when my alarm rings these days. Not four snooze-buttons later. I work out twice a day (while wearing Crest Whitening strips: my teeth are noticeably whiter!) I'm actually taking care of myself like I probably should have been for a while now, but haven't bother to. The sad things is, I'm living like I want to live. Like I have a purpose. Like waking up is for a reason. And that reason is not just to earn money.
Am I crazy? Isn't that the way you're supposed to feel every morning if you are doing what you love? I realize I'm getting a bit psycho-analytic here and will probably give myself a mental swirly if I think about this stuff too hard, but I tell you what; if this is how fun it is just to try something then I should probably be working a little harder to DO. And if I don't. If I come back after being turned away at the first audition and slink back to my desk job and continue blogging about the habits of bats in equitorial africa from the weasly comfort of my underpaid, boring desk job... please kick me in the pants. Please.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

Deal. Though I have a feeling you'll make it big, whether you succeed in New Orleans or not.

26/8/04 11:22  
Blogger dag said...

Pace yourself k_sra, pace yourself. Don't burn out before we all get to see you smack it to 'em down south. You were a magnet of fun before Idol appeared on the horizon, definately a magnet of fun during Idol, and no doubt you'll still be a magnet of fun after Idol, whether you end up with the bats, or in Hollywood.

26/8/04 11:40  
Blogger k_sra said...

Thanks, peeps, for believing in me. you're the best!

27/8/04 12:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters