8.25.2004

Do Your Homework, Know Your Divas

In order to mold my young impressionable mind into a pop star machine (that's fun to say!), it seemed necessary to study up on the pop scene, get a feel for it and really know it. Let's face it, I don't own a Christina or Beyonce album. So, I got on the ball and checked out some videos and albums from the library. I don't like to be unkind, but the divas' video cassettes are slightly stickier than other videos in the collection... OK, I'm not gonna think too hard about that one.

Needless to say, I have a newfound respect for Madonna, but J-Lo I distrust implicitly. Oh, and Britney is a consummate performer who still looks like Disney even after all her professional reputation tarnishing sessions. She's just so sweet!

So, I've been dancing with Tina Landon, practicing vocal sounds, reading magazines and just generally trying to become in three days what I'm not: A Pop Star.

Isn't this a great country?

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger lostdog said...

Good on you for taking a bold leap into the unfathomable world of Pop. Nearest I get is a few idle hours with some fresh bubble wrap. Tuneless, but fun nonetheless.

Just started my own blog myself, inspired by your example - http://windupdog.blogspot.com/

I never realised you don't have to have anything to say to actually say something. That said, I'm still wishing you all the best with you American Idol adventure. I'm drawing a blank when it comes to song suggestions, but, if your renditions of "Summertime" and (more importantly) the "Sesame Street" theme tune are anything to go by, you've got bucketloads of talent to heap on any tune you chose to rendish.

25/8/04 20:21  
Blogger Lydia said...

I want to go with you so bad. It would be the scream of a lifetime. Can you just imagine all the easy targets and witless fodder? I will enjoy your adventure vicariously and eagerly await your DAILY REPORTS!

26/8/04 09:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Lyds, thank you thank you! I wish you were coming, too. I will milk every shred of fun out of this experience before it's over. And blog it all!

26/8/04 10:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters