8.25.2004

Them There Eyes!

The best part of auditioning for a reality TV show is revamping your wardrobe, your hair, makeup, in fact, everything.

I went in last night for contacts. Poof! Just like that I can see without glasses. Now those of you not chained to a pair of specs may not appreciate the freedom that comes from seeing halfway across the room without them. I left the doctor’s office and wandered the mall. At one point I entered a mirrored section of the hall. And I saw… me. “Hey there,” I waved slightly. I could see my fingers. I smiled. I saw my smile. And my eyes! Haven’t seen them in years. They are frickin’ HUGE! *blinkblink* Then I had to keep moving because people were looking at me weird.

On my out, I saw a kiosk of forbidden fruit: sunglasses. You can’t wear sunglasses when you have glasses. It just isn’t an option. Unless you want to wear those dumb flip ups that look like concession stand awnings. Or prescription sunglasses. In which case you fumble between both pairs and end up crushing one in your bag. But here and now, I not only could buy sunglasses, but I should buy them. A full day of NOLA sun demands eye protection. I tried on everything in sight, ended up with some Paris Hilton-esque knock-offs that are all the rage with the children.
Woot! I am looking Sooo Good!

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

Yes, contacts are nice. I still wear my glasses except for days when I need sunglasses or if I'm going out somewhere nice, but I love having the option.

What happened to Tara's blog? I always click on it from your page, and suddenly it's gone.

25/8/04 10:37  
Blogger k_sra said...

I... I don't know what happened to it. I'll check.

25/8/04 10:41  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Her ourweirddreams blog is gone as well. I've scared her off, haven't I?

25/8/04 11:09  
Blogger k_sra said...

oh no. I think more likely Blogger is having issues.

25/8/04 11:12  
Blogger k_sra said...

Ok, I called Tara. She said she deleted the blogs because she didn't "feel" they were popular enough! Sheesh! So I had to tell her about how we all panicked and how we all keep saying nice things about her writing behind her back and that she needed to create a newer better blog incorporating both blogs (if she wished) and to tell us the new address. And I stressed the IMPORTANCE of putting that cat picture back up. That's very important for my mental health.

She has - and I quote - "the attention span of a two year old." So, let's keep that inner two year old of hers happy, people, ok? Can we do that? Thanks.

25/8/04 11:27  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

You know when she changed her dreams blog from "my weird dreams" to "our weird dreams"? Well don't tell her, but Blogger kept a copy, so you can still get to the cat.

25/8/04 11:30  
Blogger k_sra said...

Tara's new digs

25/8/04 13:47  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

You should update your links on the right.

25/8/04 14:06  
Blogger k_sra said...

Done and done.

25/8/04 14:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters